Thursday, August 17, 2017

Toronto Travel Diary | Part 1


“Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow."

Taking a breather is always a blessing. Before the fall semester begins, I went on my first "sister trip" to Toronto, ON. It wasn't a long trip, 3 nights 4 days; but it was definitely an experience to remember.  Though I've visited Toronto a couple years back, it honestly felt like someplace new. We traveled by train, stayed at a cozy Airbnb, and seriously WALKED everywhere! The public transit in Toronto is actually insane compared to Montreal's. From getting lost to getting caught in the pouring rain, I ended up growing to the city in the end. 

This post will be a "Part 1" photo diary highlighting the Toronto Island. We took a ferry to Ward's Island and walked almost 2 miles (if I did the km conversion correctly haha) to the central part of the Island by the boardwalk. The view was amazing (photos below) and it was just so different. It's crazy how the distance between the city and island isn't even that great, yet it's like you're in a different worldThe silence, the air, it was serene. It could be just me, a natural city girl finally escaping the hustle and bustle, but all I wanted to do was stay. Temporarily escaping the stress of your life is extremely worthwhile. The vibes on the Toronto Island reminded me of the small East Coast towns back in the states, the "vacation" and "retirement life" atmosphere if you understand what I mean! It can't replace the amazing beaches on the east coast, but the smell of the sand gets by. It's funny how I used to think going to the beach was "alright," I was never excited about it. But after being away from the home, I miss it. The family trips I used to take every summer to the beach seems so long ago. While my sister and I were out and about and seeing families together, it's safe to say we're quite homesick. But at the end of the day, I was happy and content on this island. I felt free.

Hope you guys enjoy the photos below from the island! The next post will have more city posts from K-Town, Chinatown, etc. 






















xoxo, Lina 

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM | @LITTLEEENA

© A Petite Gal's Life | LITTLEEENA. Design by FCD.