Saturday, September 2, 2017

Reflecting, Summer



And just like that, summer comes to an end. 

Fall is right around the corner, and all that’s left is September, October, November, and December. These are the months we all look forward to, hoping and wishing good things come by chance. We’re hoping it’s not just another year of the same thing. The year isn’t over, but somehow it feels like it is. 

This summer I’ve experienced things I never thought I would. I’ve made new acquaintances, became part of a school organization, worked with a huge brand like L'Oréal, attended media events, experienced Osheaga with L'Oréal, and last but not least, fell in love with a new city. It all happened so fast, it feels like forever ago. I put myself out there this summer. I actually had a schedule this summer. By randomly applying for an organization’s Marketing position and connecting with just one person, I was able to gain amazing opportunities. Crazy how the world works. I never thought I would do any of these things, honestly. I’m not going to deny, my life isn’t all that glamour as many may assume via social media, but the past months almost feels like a dream. 

And just like that, reality is back.

-

My third year of university is about to begin, and like many students, anxiety kicks in. 

How will I do this semester
What is my goal
How do I get there
Where am I supposed to go
Who am I supposed to be

I’m a firm believer in finding yourself through new experiences, and I’m hoping that’s the case for me in the next months. If there is a chance to go, to leave, to do something you’ve never done before, do it. I’m guilty of always staying in the same place and doing the same things over silly excuses and I honestly wish I didn’t. I didn’t realize how big of a difference getting out, even for just a little bit, does. Some days I stress about the little things and wish for this and that, but at the end of the day, this is literally such a tiny part of my life, I need to get over it. Everyone has a different take on their life, and that’s normal. 

-

I just hope that you find your balance between comfort and adventure

-

Being away from Texas this summer, it feels like I’m actually gone. This chapter of my life doesn’t have all the characters I assumed it would. I miss my family and friends, and lately I’ve seen so many new things happen and I’m genuinely amazed and happy for those who are in a new environment with new friends, lovers, and experiences; and those who I know are struggling a bit, I’m hoping they find their way soon, even if it’s just one little step to whatever they’re hoping for. I apologize I don’t often ask, how are you, or what’s new, I realized that’s just who I am. But do know I am rooting for you. I’m blessed with amazing people in my life and I hope one day I can be the best I can be for others, and for myself. 

And so another season begins, and I’m wondering where I’ll be next. 




xoxo, Lina

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM | @LITTLEEENA

© A Petite Gal's Life | LITTLEEENA. Design by FCD.