Saturday, April 30, 2016

Positive Mind, Positive Energy


After completing my first year of University, I realized how important it was to keep myself motivated. I never focused on having a "healthier" mindset or even considering the idea of "being happy," because all I had in mind was 1. Get a Degree 2. Find an Office Job with a decent salary. Not that I was sad or depressed or such, I was just content with my life and the direction it was going in. Towards the end of my first year, I actually had one of those moments where I asked myself "What do I want to do? What makes me happy?" I'm only 18, so I didn't put much pressure into the "What am I going to do with the rest of my life" thing, but I found myself at a place where I wanted to become a better person to myself. So the backstory is: I decided to study in Canada because I wanted to "find myself in a new city," as cheesy as that sounds. And of course, it was easier said than done. As foolish as it sounds, I thought moving far away would solve my problems and change who I am instantly. But obviously that did not happen. With all the stress from classes and family, I felt how I did back at home. From my experience, I realized distance doesn't change anything unless you change with it. The feeling of stress and negativity takes way to much energy and makes me physically and mentally tired, so after realizing how unhealthy I was treating myself, I decided to take small steps towards surrounding myself with positivity. Little things like creating your own space with motivational quotes, having a vision board, eating better, starting your day earlier, taking a breather, and taking life day by day without forgetting your goals and dreams. I remind myself how blessed I am each day, despite any personal issues. But this does not imply that you're not allowed to have a bad day and complain about it. You CAN have these days, but when things are out of your hands, you learn to let it go and believe things will eventually work out in the end.

So long story short, I'm currently all about improving my physical and mental health. Focusing on stress and other negativities drains too much energy. I'm attempting to motivate myself and focus on goal-chasing rather than consuming myself with anger and stress. There is too much negative energy around me, so I decided to be the one to let those things go. It's just too important to fill yourself with positivity and motivation to reach your goals & follow your dreams, one step at a time.



Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM | @LITTLEEENA

© A Petite Gal's Life | LITTLEEENA. Design by FCD.