Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Top Spring Essentials 2016


Since it's currently spring (although it already feels like summer in Texas), here's a post sharing my take on spring essentials! 

1. A neutral floppy hat | Floppy hats are super trendy, and they're perfect for the spring! You can pair it with a floral romper or boyfriend jeans + a plain t-shirt and look super chic. And the obvious, it gives you a bit of protection from the sun if you're going for a stroll!
2. A floral/any patterned romper | Rompers are just one of those staple pieces that are comfortable and easy to wear. It's easy to find a patterned/floral romper these days, and you can dress it up or down and still look put together. 
3. Light-washed, distressed boyfriend/girlfriend jeans (depending on your preferred fit!) | I've been loving the boyfriend jeans + plain, loose white v-neck style. It's casual and breathable with the light colors, which is a perfect transition into spring. Not gonna deny how hard it is to find the perfect boyfriend jeans though, especially if you're petite! 
4. Nude heels/sandals/flats/wedges, you get the idea! | Nude has been so in lately, and having any pair of nude shoes allows you to style it with many different outfits instead of the usual black! It lightens up your wardrobe in a way (but you can never go wrong with black). For example, lace-up nude heels or pointed nude flats, in particular, are so popular and super cute for the spring, and you can wear them with basically any outfit to add a chic vibe! 
5. Floral scents | I'm the type of girl with different "scents" depending on the season, and since it's spring, I love going for the more floral scents, like my Marc Jacobs Eau so Fresh perfume. 
6. A transitional blazer/coat | If I were still in Montreal, the highlight of my spring essential would definitely be a transitional outerwear, like a light blazer or thin, neutral duster coat. Spring can still be chilly in places up north, and having another layer is still necessary for the chill from winds! 
7. Light moisturizer | Living in Montreal, I definitely needed a heavier moisturizer in the winter since my skin was so dry, but being in Texas again, I'm back to being super oily! So having a light moisturizer is a good change, especially if you have oily skin! My friend recently gifted me one by Clinique called "Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel" and let me tell ya'll, that stuff is magic!!! Super lightweight and does a great job (more details soon on my First Impressions post!) 
8. Light-colored blouses | For those who like to dress it up, I highly recommend styling light, sheer, or silky blouses that you probably already have in your closet since they were super trendy back in 2014. You can style it professionally for your day job, or casual-chic for a day out! Either way, it gives off a fresh vibe which is great for the spring season. 
9. Pink/Rose gold makeup | I don't even have to say this, but girls, ya'll already know how trendy rose toned eyeshadow palettes have been lately! From Urban Decay's $54 Naked 3 to all the drugstore dupes, playing around with pink shimmers and mauve mattes will get you the cutest spring looks! Also light pink blushes, like Benefit's Dandelion Brightening Baby-Pink Blush, gives you a  must have natural glow for the spring!
10. Maxi dresses | Maxi dresses are hard to wear for me personally since I don't think I can work them for being so petite, but I think they're super cute and flirty for the springtime, especially the spaghetti strap styled maxi dresses! 

Many of these pieces can also carry on into the summer which is great, so if you're shopping around and find yourself picking up some inspired pieces, think of it as an investment! 

What are your spring essentials?

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM | @LITTLEEENA

© A Petite Gal's Life | LITTLEEENA. Design by FCD.