Friday, May 6, 2016

Uptown Girl


Top: American Eagle | Shorts: Target | Purse: Furla | Hat: Kohls | Shoes: Target 

Houston weather has been super humid, rainy, and just gross for a while since I came back, and finally, this week the weather has been BEAUTIFUL. I met up with a friend on Wednesday, had our traditional Whataburger date, and decided to stroll uptown because the weather was just amazing. It was still hot, of course, but there was actually wind and no humidity! We went shopping for Mother's Day and stopped by the Gerald D. Hines Waterwall Park afterwards to take some quick photos. It was a breezy day which was great since we were able to cool down from the mist, but the struggle was holding onto my hat... 

Since it was a casual day outing, I kept my outfit simple but dressed it up a little to get a chic/city girl vibe. I wore white denim shorts since wearing white bottoms with any outfit, in my opinion, gives the illusion of formal wear, especially when pairing simple white and black pieces together (i.e. wearing a W/B cotton v-neck, W/B leggings, a W/B cotton blazer, and W/B flats, etc.) 

Keeping it casual, I paired the high-waisted denim shorts with my trusty floral cut-out canvas slip ons from Target (fun fact: I found these slip ons for $5 from the kids section!). Honestly, you can never go wrong with black slip ons! They're very easy to style and are comfortable to walk in. Dressing it up a bit, I added a black felt Madden Girl floppy hat with a buckle detail and a black leather Furla purse with gold hardware. This outfit style is super cute for casual/first dates or brunch with friends and family. Just accessorizing with a black floppy hat creates a chic look, and keeping a white/black color scheme creates a minimalistic, classic vibe.

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM | @LITTLEEENA

© A Petite Gal's Life | LITTLEEENA. Design by FCD.